Wednesday, August 11, 2004

LA never looked so good...

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Keeping up my relatively new tradition of throwing shout outs to movies-in-release, I'd like to throw some love to Mikey Mann's new movie, 'Collateral'. You ever go to a movie completely blind, not knowing what to expect...at all? That was me tonight. I'd only seen one preview of this flick a while back and couldn't really recall anything. I really wanted to go see The Village, a la M Night Shamaladingdong, but my friends weren't up for it. To get to the point, the movie's shot beautifully, the characters are rich, and the story is pffffffat, i.e. it blows up like a big, wet fart. Really exceptional film making. The coolest aspect of all is that it just reeks of Mann's style. The story is totally incredible, but at the same time, suprisingly believable because it's occupied by characters that are similarly believable. Check it out. You won't be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home