Wednesday, June 08, 2005

the man = us = the man = ...

bigcube

so i've discovered The Cubes - the lincoln log equivalent for disheartened white-collar urbanites the world over. Each set contains one miniature plastic figures and all the parts of a cubicle: four walls, a desk, a chair, a file cabinet, an in-and-out box, a phone, and a computer, so office madness can be had anywhere. There's also a sticker sheet you can use to create job titles.

The expansion set has four more figures and nine plastic accessories (cell phone, calculator, laptop, coffee cup, clipboard, briefcase, etc.) that make the faux-office feel more like the real hell-away-from-home you visit eight hours a day.

my immediate impulse was IMUSTHAVETHIS.. but then i started thinking, what is it about our attraction bordering on obsession to the likes of 'office space,' 'the office,' and all things 'down with the man' when we ARE the man?! is it underlying self-loathing or rationalization for the beemer that we buy lego sets depicting our pathetic realities or memorize lines from movies to entertain our fellow sell-outs over a round of Armadale and Pinot Noir?? ENOUGH WITH THE PINOT NOIR, ISAWSIDEWAYSTHEREFORE-ARTHIPANDEDGY?!?!!

...

i'm still SO buying one.. overnight shipping. i can afford it and then some.

3 Comments:

At 3:15 AM, Blogger Jesus Henry Christos said...

perhaps you are 'the man'...in the crease's yachting ass almost certainly is 'the man'...

...but me?

i'm going to tell you this one time and one time only you fucker: i'm from the gutter...you got that bitch?

i swill my cristal just like every other roughneck nigga comin up grimy: via a brita filter thoroughly rinsed with pellegrino...

so don't talk to me about oppression, b/c i live it every day. ok?

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

4 years, 21 days, 17 hours, 12 minutes, 35 seconds.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger In the Crease said...

hey, if you've got to be something, might as well be 'the man'. now, if you'll excuse me, I must catch my limo to take me to my helicopter to take me to my yacht so I can laugh at all you little people for having to take public transportation. ha ha.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home