Thursday, April 29, 2004

more on mtv's celebrity plastic surgery fuck fest

if you pervs can make it past the britney spears story on this msn gossip shit, there's some interesting stuff said by kate winslet regarding the mtv show 'i want a famous face'. one of the participants on the show apparently underwent plastic surgery to look like winslet.

winslet says, among other things:

...she felt it was her duty to watch the show, but admits within minutes she was "crying in horror." "This girl had collected magazine covers with me on the front," she recalls. "And she was saying, 'I really want to have Kate Winslet's breasts. Just look at how well-shaped they are, pert and soft.' And I thought, No, darling, my breasts don't look like that. I've had two kids. It's a digitally altered image!"

the girl that underwent the surgery has this to say:

MTV: Are you pleased with the results of your surgery?
JENNETTE: I am more than pleased with the results of the surgery! I feel foxy and ferocious!
[Ed: foxy and ferocious? really. that's the best you can come up with? ferocious? are you sure you know what these words mean? okay. i'll take your word for it.]

MTV: Was it worth it? Why or why not?
JENNETTE: I would do the whole thing over again in a heartbeat...I can't even begin to tell you how worth it the whole surgery was.


while i support winslet's grandstanding because i hope it might force women to realize that the images they consume are synthetic, i find it somewhat self-indulgent of her to kinda-sorta imply that her pseudo-celebrity is responsible for this poor sap wanting bigger tits. but who am i to judge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home