Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Machine Dreams - Interview - CIO Magazine Oct 15,2004

the ray kurzwil cio interview that has been making the rounds: Machine Dreams - Interview - CIO Magazine Oct 15,2004

Do you think that someday there'll be legal limits on how long people can live?

Not if I have anything to say about it. But there's a very powerful "death-ist" need. People really have it deeply ingrained. Life is short. You can't live forever. The only things that are certain are death and taxes. We have this whole so-called normal lifecycle; certain things happen at certain ages. We've rationalized death, which in my view is a profound tragedy and a tremendous loss of knowledge and expertise. And we have rationalized it as a good thing. I guess if there's nothing you can do about it, the best thing you can do is rationalize it, but there will be things that we can do about it.
[...]
I eat a certain diet. I take 250 supplements a day. I'm really reprogramming my biochemistry. A lot of people think it's good to be natural. I don't think it's good because biological evolution is not on our side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home