Wednesday, June 16, 2004

man, i miss espn sometimes

i know all you fools with televisions have probably already seen larry bird's comments on race ad nauseum, but this shit is hilarious:

"The one thing that always bothered me when I played in the NBA was I really got irritated when they put a white guy on me," Bird said. "I still don't understand why. A white guy would come out (and) I would always ask him: 'What, do you have a problem with your coach? Did your coach do this to you?' And he'd go, 'No,' and I'd say, 'Come on, you got a white guy coming out here to guard me; you got no chance.' ... For some reason, that always bothered me when I was playing against a white guy.

"As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me -- red, yellow, black," Bird added. "I just didn't want a white guy guarding me. Because it's disrespect to my game."


i literally did a spit-take that lasted 30 seconds when i read that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home