Monday, December 06, 2004

The Travelling Correspondent Returns

One of the beautiful things about living abroad is that I may see the ONLY benefit to George Bush's election: currency arbitrage opportunities. At the moment of this post, the Pound Sterling is trading near it's 12 year high of 1.94 USD to 1 Pound Sterling. Since I'm earning in pounds, though oh so meagerly, when I come back to the US in a week, I get to feel, at least for a short time, like I'm twice as wealthy. Sadly, the opportunities explained in the previous post regarding amazon arbitrage, are lost by living in the UK: absolutely speaking it's much more expensive to buy things here than in the US.

On the other hand, I have to put up with people prattling on about how Iraq is murder and how 51% of the American populace is retarded. My only response: believe me I know. As an example of extremes, people distribute pictures like this one. In addition, people want me to Boycott America. I'm quite tired of these rants. Are people in the US already forgetting about the election? If so, DON'T: I want the world to be so aware of Bush that the Pound Sterling doubles the value of the dollar! Anyway, thank you George Bush, Merry Christmas, and keep up the bad work...

2 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger Jesus Henry Christos said...

ahhh, it's good to have you back you dirty sack of shit.

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is jerking off in europe any different than jerking off in america?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home