Friday, May 14, 2004

Internet Stream of Consciousness

Anyone who has spent a few hours on the internet knows the joys and pains of randomly following links. Here's a transcript of one of my more recent sessions. It begins at [The Onion]. Girls at sci-fi conventions getting attention. Hehe:

"The attention led Osley to flirt with Farscape actor Paul Goddard during an autograph signing. After handing Goddard a poster to sign, Osley said he could sign anywhere he wanted. Laughing coyly, she added, 'And I mean anywhere.'"

In any case, I then needed to know who Paul Goddard was after I found out that he was in The Matrix (Agent Brown). So I went, where else, to [IMDB] and searched for Paul Goddard. I was hooked when I found out that Paul Goddard had been in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. The [online review] of this movie has to be one of the funniest ever. Some snippets:

"It starts off with a ropy, would-be Star Wars scrolling narration voiced by an uncredited female. This mystery lady sounds alternately drunk, not comprehending what she's saying, and like she's got a large cactus stuffed up her rectum."

The review made me wonder what ever happened to those good ol' TV shows we watched as kids. For example : [Transformers]. Leonard Nimoy, Judd Nelson and Orson Welles were voices for this movie and Weird Al helped write the soundtrack...

Yes, pathetic. I know...

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jesus Henry Christos said...

did you know that the original japanese title for the transformers tv show was "Fight! Super God Robot Force Transformers". quite possibly the hottest title of any cartoon ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home