Sunday, August 08, 2004

Giving health care to those who need it most.

I can't believe that we spend money on teaching gorillas how to sign. And not only that, but how quick they got the doctors to give her a check up. I mean, I'm still waiting the doctor to pull the endoscope out of my ass.

But, maybe I'm being too harsh. The animal was in pain, and they took care of it. And it is amazing that she is able to communicate so effectively with humans. I guess she can sign to the patients sitting in the waiting rooms of the doctors who treated her why they can't get treatment today because of some hairy animal. I can image one hand gesture that those patients can give her right back.

But image the hazing the doctors had to have received after returning to their hospitals.

Ahh, the American health system. So quick to respond to a hairy beast while millions have no care. Only in America.

By the way, the kitten in the picture must have been shitting itself after realizing it was face to face with a gorilla with better health care than most of America.

1 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Blogger Jesus Henry Christos said...

sounded like a fun party:

"After four hours of tests -- including a colonoscopy, gynecological exam, dental work, X-rays, and ultrasounds -- doctors pronounced her fit."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home